How can I help?

Siew-Yue's 60th birthday

Siew-Yue reading a greeting on her 60th birthday

Can you help continue Siew-Yue’s devotion to supporting people of all backgrounds in their part-time studies?

The wonderfully varied world of part-time education is driven by the enthusiasm and good will of its thousands of teachers and students. But it needs dedicated people like Siew-Yue, and it needs money.

Even with subsidised fees, many would-be students cannot afford them, or need extra money for books and equipment, transport or child care.

You can help us by writing a cheque to ‘S.Y. Killingley Memorial Trust’ and posting it to 9, Rectory Drive, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1XT

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can enhance the value of your gift by writing a simple declaration, with your name and address:

Please treat the enclosed gift of £ –.– as a Gift Aid donation.
I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for the current tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I have given.

We can then claim the amount that would have been paid in income tax on the sum you give.

What about helping us with a little of your time, talents and experience?

If you are keen to work with a devoted group of volunteers in the North-East of England, and to help adults of all ages achieve their potential, you may be willing to act occasionally as a Selector, to consider applications and interview applicants.

Or you may become a Trustee, and help carry on the good work to which Siew-Yue dedicated so much of her life.

However you would like to help, we should be glad to hear from you. You can send us a message by clicking ‘Contact us’